10.24.2009

Dallas Farmers Market


We ventured out to our farmers market for the first time this afternoon & will probably be back every Saturday from here on out! Apparently it is open 8 to 6, 362 days a year; I had no idea. Besides being beautiful, the market has produce that is very inexpensive & as fresh as it comes - we can certainly attest to this, as free samples were plentiful. Literally they are standing there with a whole pineapple cutting off slices as you walk by - pineapples, papaya, grapefruit, tomatoes, watermelon, yum...get all your produce needs just walking around. Needless to say, we found a treasure in downtown Dallas - yay for new things.

And something about fresh (affordable!) produce just makes me VERY happy =)

2 comments:

  1. *sigh*...so jealous...I'm sure our farmers market isn't that good, and I think it's only open in the summer. I didn't realize there were so many farmers in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you for going out and discovering new things. You make even Dallas look like lots of fun. Thanks for sharing your new discoveries with us. = )

    ReplyDelete