12.09.2009

Christmas is coming...

We had our first snow on December 2 =) So it was rain/snow for one hour while I was driving to work & I have no documentation to prove it...but it was still snow; still awesome!

We tried "real" Dr. Pepper from Dublin, TX & it didn't taste especially better to us (in fact I think we prefer our modern, non-pure sugar cane Dr. P), as many people here had claimed it would. But the bottles made for fun decorations in our kitchen!

We have been listening to Christmas music daily since Thanksgiving & it is good =) I am learning O Holy Night on the piano, one of my favs.

I made an ornament for our 3in Christmas tree (it's real!) that we picked out from home depot the weekend after Thanksgiving. After we (Lindsay really..) decided that we needed a tree, it struck us that we had no decorations to put on it! So we will start building our collection together this year & take advantage of after Christmas sales!

We went to dinner & a movie @ the Galleria, where they have a little ice skating rink in the center of the food court area year round & a HUGE Christmas tree for the holidays - so awesome!

It was 27 degrees when I got in my car this morning to go to work. I now know not to clean my windshield with a quick quirt of water & my wipers...instant ice. Such a California girl. It feels like winter here, and as cold as it is, I still like it.

David & I have been doing Christmas devotions each day (or most days) & it is so neat how something so simple has helped me take time to daily to get excited about Christmas & how good God is. And I'm learning to use the familiar Christmas things (our Christmas tree, getting excited about seeing family, shopping for gifts) as reminders of the gift we already received in the birth & death of Christ, instead of letting them distract me from the things essential.

Did I say it was cold here?

2 comments: