4.17.2010

the best month.

We started the month out with a free night at the Dallas Symphony Orchestra - scores from Oscar winning movies.  Definitely my favorite symphony so far - from Lawrence of Arabia, to the Godfather, to the Wizard of Oz.  Awesomeness. 
*** 
One of the best parts of Spring (specifically in April) are the tulips - they are everywhere, even downtown.  And downtown Dallas at dusk is gorgeous.  This is right outside the Meyerson Symphony Center. 
***
***
Easter brunch at home (we kinda went all out with ham & sweet potatoes) & California Pizza Kitchen (yes it is in Texas!)
***
***
Oh yes, let us not forget we both have birthdays in the month of April (25, watch out, we can rent cars for less!).  For David's b-day, he had the old roomies over for a night of Settlers & rootbeer floats (while I had a girls night with Andrea!).  I took Monday off work (actual day of David's birthday) & we played - omelettes for breakfast, disc golf, slurpees, steak, games & a movie.  My birthday fell on a Wednesday this year (kinda lame) - but David met me for a quick dinner after work @ chick-fil-a & brought me a red velvet bundt cake for dessert =)  I went to my last Bible study @ church, where we learned the OT in 77 steps with hand motions - fun!  I came home to gifts, games, popcorn & tea before bed. And he made me lunch for Thursday.  Birthdays are the best. 
***
***
Watermelon.  Yum...almost summer.  Let me just say my husband can lodge three playing cards in a row into a watermelon in 20 seconds from a distance of 6 feet.  What can your husband do? (Note: this may seem extremely random to you if you have never seen "Minute to Win It").  So...he has to take a break from studying some time.
***
***
Blue skies, random Mexican restaurants & fun spring sandals (and maybe a little birthday shopping...).  In between studying, we spent the last weekend of April going to see the new Disney's Oceans & reading/sleeping in the grass at the Arboretum.  So, maybe there will always be lots of studying in April as David finishes up his semester & who can forget the dreaded April 15th, but April is the best moth (for us at least) because it's a month of celebration. Celebration of the death & resurrection of our Lord for us; celebration of getting older together; celebration of warmer weather, green grass & new life. Yep, best month. April, you will be missed.
***

3 comments:

  1. It's good to see that David is still practicing his card throwing skills and that he hasn't given up on playing random games when he should be studying. I'll be impressed when he can slice a carrot or lodge a card into the wall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correct me if I'm wrong, but are you asking for a CHALLENGE!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, I want that bundt cake....really bad. Also, your photography is awesome! Super cool shots!!!

    ReplyDelete